- Heat the oil in a large pan and try the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until soft but not coloured.
- Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time. Cool.
- Beat the egg with the ricotta and nutmeg and season.
- Stir in the Gortnamona & feta along with the spinach and onion.
- Heat the oven to 200C (180c fan assisted).
- Rub a little oil in a 20cm cake tin. Line with the filo sheets, leaving excess pastry overhanging and rubbing each sheet with a little oil.
- Spoon the cheese and spinach mixture into the tin.
- Bring the pastry up and over the top of the pie.
- Brush generously with oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve warm or cold.
* This recipe has been adapted from one which featured in the Health & Living section of The Irish Independent on January 7th 2013.